- What happens if it's too hot or too cold to ship wine?
- What are the order deadlines for holiday delivery?
- Why can’t I order online?
- What states do you ship to?
- What if my state is not listed as a state you ship to?
- Who do I call about wine club questions, orders, billing and account changes?
- What shipping methods do you use? Can I request a certain carrier/service?
- Is there a special option for shipping wine?
- Can I “pickup” my wine club shipment?
- What kind of shipping materials do you use?
- My wine was damaged — what do I do?
- Do I need to be home to sign for my wine?
Q. What happens if it's too hot or too cold to ship wine?
A. Wine is a perishable product, and we want ours to arrive in perfect condition! If it's too hot, or too cold, we will pause and/or hold shipments until the weather is more favorable. Additionally, we can adjust your order to reflect a preferred ship date if you feel that the weather is too hot or cold in your area to ship. Simply send us an email or give us a call, and we will help you time the delivery of your wine perfectly.
Q. What are the order deadlines for holiday delivery?
A. Be sure to see our Holiday Shipping Guide for order deadlines for delivery by every major upcoming holiday.
Q. Why can’t I order online?
A. Either you are in a state that does not allow alcohol to be purchased online or does not allow alcohol to be shipped into the state, or you do not have the correct username and/or password to place an order.
To get your username/password, go to My Account. Click on the “forget your password?” link and get your info emailed to you. You should receive your password immediately, but in some cases it may take longer. Try checking your junk mail folder in case it was marked as spam.
Q. What states do you ship to?
A. We ship merchandise to all states. We currently ship wine to:
We currently cannot ship to:
Alaska (2-day air only)
Hawaii (2-day air only)
Tennessee (no more than 3 cases/yr, no more than 1 case in a month)
Virginia (no more than 2 cases/month)
Q. What if my state is not listed as a state you ship to?
A. Please call us, we may have a way to help you acquire our wines as these regulations are always changing.
Q. Who do I call about wine club questions, orders, billing and account changes?
A. Please call (800) 913-1118.
Q. What shipping methods do you use? Can I request a certain carrier/service?
A. Yes, we want to ensure your wine arrives in a timely and safe manner. We use Golden State Overnight (GSO) for all of California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. GSO costs less than FedEx and UPS, and it is guaranteed to get there overnight in the entire state of California. Neighboring states may take a day longer. GSO uses air-conditioned trucks and moves all of their products in the midnight hours, so it will never get hot. If you prefer FedEx Ground or UPS Ground over GSO, we will make that change for you.
For all other states that we can legally ship to, we use FedEx Ground or UPS Ground, excepting Hawaii and Alaska. These states are FedEx or UPS 2 day Air Only. We also offer Overnight Air, 2 Day Air or 3 Day Air with FedEx or UPS at an adjusted rate. You can select your preferred shipping rate at check out, or give us a call if you have any questions.
During the summer or winter months, states that are too hot or cold to ship are placed on Weather Hold in our warehouse, to ship when the weather is more temperate. We watch national weather changes daily and update our warehouse accordingly if we feel that it is not safe to ship your wine to you. Additionally, if you feel that you would like to wait to have your wines shipped on a certain date, please call us so we can arrange this with our warehouse.
Wine club members have the option to have their summer club shipments held to avoid the heat and the 2-Day Air charge. These held shipments will ship by Ground in late October. Please call us ahead of time to arrange this option with our Wine Club manager.
Q. Is there a special option for shipping wine?
A. Yes! FedEx Temperature Controlled Shipping is a new shipping method specifically designed for wine. Wine orders are picked up at Flora Springs Winery by refrigerated trucks. The wine travels in constant refrigeration to the main FedEx hub. Once at the hub, the wine remains refrigerated until transferred to a delivery truck, where it's considered a Priority Overnight package. It will be delivered that same morning, usually by 10:30 AM, or Noon for more remote areas. The FedEx Temperature Controlled Shipping will take a week or two for delivery from the date of order. For example:
- Order placed on July 19th
- Order info uploaded to Temperature Controlled Shipping system on July 25th
- Wine picked up on July 28th
- Wine delivered either August 3rd or 4th
Q. Can I "pick up" my wine club shipment?
A. Yes, we love to see you! Will Call Wine Club members can pick up your wines at The Room. You will get a postcard in the mail to let you know your wine is ready. We typically have a 7-week window to pick up your wine. If your wine is not picked up in that window of time, they will be shipped to you, and you will be charged for shipping.
Q. What kind of shipping materials do you use?
A. All wine club orders are shipped in 100% curbside recyclable pulp boxes. For general wine orders, we only use Styrofoam for 12-pack cases. 12-pack recyclable pulp does not hold up to the 40 lb weight.
Our shipping box choices are:
• 1-pack 100% curbside recyclable pulp
• 2-pack 100% curbside recyclable pulp
• 3-pack 100% curbside recyclable pulp
• 4-pack 100% curbside recyclable pulp
• 6-pack 100% curbside recyclable pulp and stand up styrofoam
• 12-pack pulp or Styrofoam
• 1-pack 1.5L Magnum Styrofoam
• 2-pack 1.5L Magnum Styrofoam
• 3-pack 1.5L Magnum Styrofoam
• 6-pack 1.5L Magnum Styrofoam
Q. My wine was damaged — what do I do?
A. If you received a broken bottle of wine please contact us right away.
Q. Do I need to be home to sign for my wine?
A. Flora Springs only sells wine to adults over the age of 21. You must provide a signature at the time of delivery. To ensure delivery we suggest shipping to a business address or opting for a corresponding hold location to your carrier. Wine is not delivered to PO Boxes. All carriers will make up to three delivery attempts before returning the package to the winery. Also, if your wine delivery is returned to the winery and we have to reship your wine club shipment to you, members will be responsible for the restocking and reshipment charges.
Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you the most powerful and safe online experience. We want to share how personal information you provide to Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards is collected and used, so you can make informed decisions when using our website. We promise to work hard to earn and keep your trust, and therefore we will never rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third party services for marketing purposes or share your contact information with another member without your consent.
Collection and use of your personal information
Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards does not solicit or knowingly collect and store personal information from anyone under the age of 21.
Information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, pages visited, features used and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards for the operation of our website, to maintain the quality of service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our website.
Other identifying information collected includes:
- Wine club membership: When filling out the online wine club application we ask for your name, mailing address, e-mail address, daytime phone number, credit card number and expiration date. This information enables us to process the application and notify you of membership details.
- Ordering online: When placing an order through our online store we ask for your name, mailing address, e-mail address, daytime phone number, date of birth, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process the order and ensure the legality of the shipment.
- E-mail list: When signing up for our e-mail list we ask for your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. This allows us to communicate with you regarding events at the winery or special offers. If at any time you wish to be removed from our lists (opt out) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting personal information, you are agreeing that we may communicate with you via e-mail, facsimile, telephone or other means.
Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Like most websites, Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards uses “cookies” to allow you to bypass the login screen (“Remember Me” functionality). A cookie is a tiny data file which resides on your computer and allows Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards to recognize you as a member when you return to our website from the same computer and browser. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Security of your personal information
Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Flora Springs Winery and Vineyards secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.