August 16, 2016
“We harvested our first grapes today – Pinot Grigio. Pinot Grigio from a distance looks more like a red grape than a white grape, but they actually have more of a brown skin color to them when harvested. The grapes were picked early morning to take advantage of the cool weather. They are all handpicked and gently poured into 1/2 ton bins.”
—Winemaker Paul Steinauer
August 10, 2016
Join the 7th Annual Global Celebration of Cabernet
#CabernetDay is a global celebration of the Cabernet grape, intended to give Cabernet lovers around the world a fun opportunity to express their passion for the grape. Cabernet lovers come together in person and online to discover and share everything about Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet-based blends.
We are proud to say that after more than 37 years of winemaking and more than 30 years of crafting Trilogy – our flagship Cabernet-based red blend – Flora Springs is still breaking new ground. We credit the consistent organic and sustainable farming practices of our vineyard team as well as the focus and direction of our winemaker, Paul Steinauer.
How to participate:
- Order our #Cabernet Day 2016 3-Pack
- Join us online September 1st. We’ll be talking about Cabernet and Cab blends all day, then the conversation really picks up at 5:30 pm Pacific time.
- Follow us on your favorite social site: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.
- Enter to win: Tweet or Instagram with us on September 1st using hashtag #CabernetDay and @florasprings in your tweets/posts.
- We will pick one lucky Flora Springs fan using #CabernetDay and tagging us in their tweet or Instagram post! You could win a Flora Springs prize pack.*
*Must be 21+ to enter. Void where prohibited. Wine will not be included in prize pack. Chance of winning depends on number of entries.
August 1, 2016
We’ve said it many times before—we believe everyone should decide on their own whether they like a wine or not. Scores and reviews from wine writers and reviewers tend to tell just part of the story.
Still, it’s nice when our wines get noticed—which has been happening a lot lately with our 2013 Trilogy.
Below are a couple of our favorite examples, find the complete list here.