January 5, 2024
With February 14th right around the corner, it’s time to think about Valentine’s Day — the perfect opportunity to let your loved one know how much they mean to you. Choosing the perfect Valentine’s Gift can be tricky, so planning a Valentine’s dinner is a thoughtful way to celebrate this holiday together.
Whether your plans include a romantic dinner for 2 or cooking up a storm for a movie night with friends, here we have rounded up our favorite Valentine’s Dinner Steak recipes; to pair with Flora Springs Valentine’s Day Red Blend Etched Wine.
Top 5 Valentine’s Day Steak Meals to Pair with Red Wine:
- Taste of Home’s Basil-Butter Steaks with Roasted Potatoes. A simple basil butter elevates these steaks to restaurant level and is easily made in just 30 minutes.
- Martha Stewart’s Steak au Poivre. With its crushed-peppercorn crust and buttery, shallot-specked sauce, steak au poivre is a highlight of any cook’s repertoire.
- The Pioneer Woman’s Braised Short Ribs. Beef short ribs are like the most flavorful, delectable, tender, soft pot roast you can possibly imagine—but the meat is on a handy stick for your eating convenience.
- Food 52’s Cowboy Rubbed Rib Eye Steak with Chocolate Stout Pan Sauce. As Food 52 blog claims “Steak is the original romantic dinner. Rich and uncomplicated, the perfect steak is good on its own and stellar with a sizable pat of compound butter and creamed spinach for good measure. Whether you embrace the porterhouse or slice it over a salad, here are 20 ways to recreate it at home for date night and beyond.”
- Half Baked Harvest’s Steak, Spinach and Mushroom Crepes with Balsamic Glaze. A twist on a French favorite, that allows the Beef tenderloin’s flavor to really shine through.
And finally, finish off with Cookie + Kate’s Betty’s Pots de Crème for the ultimate sweet indulgent treat! A luscious, creamy, rich dessert enjoyed as an individual serving.
Pairing with Flora Springs 2019 Be My Valentine Red Blend.
Flora Springs etched and hand-painted bottles are a cherished tradition at Flora Springs, a way for us to commemorate special holidays with festive, one-of-a-kind bottlings. Over the years, the popularity of these offerings has grown. With each holiday release, the etched artful label provides a unique Napa Valley wine to give or collect for yourself.
2019 Be My Valentine Blend
Our 2019 Be My Valentine Blend celebrates the most romantic holiday of all, St. Valentine’s Day. Combining Bordeaux varietals from our estate vineyards in St. Helena, Rutherford and Oakville, the wine warms the heart with rich, mouth filling flavors of blackberries, juicy plums and ripe blueberries, graham cracker and a whiff of cocoa powder. Notes of violets, vanilla crème and a hint of fresh rain round out the palate. Though plush and full-bodied, this classic Napa Valley blend has a pleasing streak of acidity and sleek, elegant tannins that provide balance and length. The wine would make a sweet gift or accompaniment to a candlelit dinner for two. Only 30 cases made, limit two bottles.
Valentine’s Day Order Deadlines
Order deadlines for delivery start February 4. Check shipping times.